August 23-25, 2017 JW Marriott, Austin, Texas
NIRI Member: $450
Hotel NIRI SWRC Group Rate: $209 per night (plus tax)
Conference Program - The Rubik’s Cube® of IR
This year's conference, hosted by the Houston and DFW Chapters, promises to deliver Texas-sized networking and high-powered professional development opportunities for IR practitioners at all levels. NIRI members throughout the region are invited to participate in a fun and collaborative program at an ideal setting.
Join us at the JW Marriott in Austin to collaborate and share best practices through a two-day agenda inspired by the six sides of a Rubik’s Cube®.
Investor Relations has evolved over the years and now IR practitioners are often responsible for a number of different functions including corporate communications, financial reporting, treasury, strategic planning, and more. The IR profession is complex and one must carefully move all the pieces into place to be successful.
Get ready to solve The Rubik’s Cube® of IR.
Collaboration and Networking
Wednesday evening we kick off the conference with a Welcome Reception at the JW Marriott in the Brazos Room. This event is always well attended. Catch up with friends and colleagues or make some new ones.
Thursday evening, after a day of speakers, panel discussions and collaboration, we will gather at Malverde at La Condesa, an indoor & outdoor private event space for Dinner & Networking. Perched above 2nd Street, Malverde offers skyline views of downtown Austin and features craft cocktails, an artisanal beer and wine selection.
• Our Turn - A Look at IR’s Future: NIRI CEO Gary Labranche
• Rules of the Game - Key Issues Facing Public Companies, New SEC Enforcement, Corporate Governance and Public Disclosure Initiatives: Shamoil Shipchandler, Regional SEC Director; David Kern, Partner Jones Day; Mark Rasmussen, Partner Jones Day.
• Unlocking the Mystery of Cyber Security - Why We Can't Get It Right: Casey Fleming, CEO Black Ops Partners.
• Three Dimensions - An Inside Look at IEX, NASDAQ and NYSE: Nelson Griggs, Executive VP, NASDAQ; IEX and NYSE exchanges represented.
• Twists and Turns - Alternative Paths for the IRO: Al Petrie, Al Petrie Advisors; Katy Here, Audacia Strategies; Peter McDermott, Korn Ferry.
• A Different Side of IR - Investor Relations for Private Equity: Monique Vo, VP IR Kayne Anderson.
• A Strategic Combination - Working with the Buy Side/Corporate Access: Dan Romito, Strategic Capital Intelligence, NASDAQ; Mitchell Schacher, Corporate Access, UBS.
The conference website has a complete list of speakers and events.
Please check the website regularly for exciting updates.
Look forward to seeing you at the conference!